REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT?
PLAYGIRL IS SOOOOO CONFUSED!
Oh dear! I just know this post is going to get me thrown, like an old shoe, off of my live journal friend’s list.
ONE: What a stinker Patrick Henry, the American patriot was! Why?
Because when he died, everything he owned was left to his wife...as long as she never married again. If she did, she forfeited the whole thing. "It would make me unhappy," he explained, "to feel I have worked all my life only to support another man's wife!" She remarried anyway.
All I can say to Mrs. Patrick Henry is...YAY!
TWO: Without you kids getting all upset, I will ask this question:
Pretend you're running for Mr. or Ms. President of the United States, and you are trying to get my vote. Should I vote your you Mr./Ms. Republican, or you Mr./Ms. Democrat? Why?
1. I am Pro-Gun Rights, and a member of the NRA. Why? Because I was a child victim of VIOLENT crime, AND I believe with all my heart and soul in the words these great men once said!
The strongest reason for the people to retain the
right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
- Thomas Jefferson, Proposed Virginia Constitution,
1776, Jefferson Papers 344
"I ask, sir, what is the militia?
It is the whole people...
To disarm the people is the best
and most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason, During Virginia's
Ratification Convention, 1788
"I sympathize with people who want to ban guns, but
I can't agree with them. We have to be careful in our
zeal to abolish guns that we don't wind up with
counter-productive legislation that will leave armed
only the people most likely to do harm with them."
- Hugh Downs, Veteran ABC Newsman
2. My thoughts on abortion - I would NEVER, EVER, have one! BUT, I DON'T believe the government has the right to dictate what a woman does with her body.
3. I believe emphatically in FREEDOM OF SPEECH and EXPRESSION.
4. Death Penalty? I am AGAINST it! I believe convicted rapists should be castrated.
5. I believe lawyers who file frivolous lawsuits should be severely punished.
5. Welfare? I believe it keeps people from WORKING for their creature comforts. I believe Welfare should be available ONLY those who have suddenly found themselves without a job (through no fault of their own), and can't provide for their family. I believe they should have access, for a SMALL amount of time, to Welfare until they can get back on their feet. I have seen with my own eyes, WELFARE ABUSE in a BIG, BIG, BIG WAY, and I'M SICK OF IT!!!
6. The homeless? There are so many men and women out in the streets that are obviously mentally sick. They suffer greatly and are in much danger. I believe the government should build hospitals for the mentally ill. I believe WE should try to pick one HOMELESS man or woman, and bring him/her home with us to live, just as I did with my Grandpa.
7. I am Catholic. There are SOME teachings which I am against. God is the ONLY One who has the authority to judge me. Anybody else who does, can go suck a duck!
8. I LOVE the military.
9. I'm PRO-UNION.
10. I dislike racists and judgmental people intensely.
11. I believe EVERY American human-being has RIGHTS!
12. I despise religious fanatics!
13. I'm ALWAYS for the under dog.
14. I live by the rules of the law, and by the rules of my boss. In my private life, NOBODY tells me what to do.
15. I am TOTALLY independent, and whatever I've accomplished in my life, I've done it on my own.
16. I believe in LIVE, and LET live!
Join The NRA
"The Right Of The People To Keep and
Bear Arms, Shall Not Be infringed."
Join the U.S. Army